STAY HUMBLE



image from google



STAY HUMBLE

Humility might be one of the hardest lesson I’ve ever learnt, the sad story is I learnt it in a very harsh manner, In a manner that left a lasting scar so I’m been reminder daily about the price to pay when humility is a far fetch word in your dictionary.

You see, my first encounter with MR HUMILITY was when I was in grade 3, that was many years ago how come I still remember?

 I remember clearly because of my Teacher’s voice that still keeps echoing even after more than two decades,  his name MR Adeniji .He always told me that ‘ WHAT A CAN CAN CAN, ANOTHER CAN CAN  CAN.. in as much as it feels like tautology, if you  read between the lines, it simply carries a very deep message of humility, meaning what you think you can do another Person can do betteR.

 So my darling stay humble it goes a long  way.

Another Encounter I had  with MR HUMILITY was when I was in Uni ..after writing an exam, I could say I am very sure I will get the best Mark in this score, saying yes, I read a lot and I smashed the question only for results to come out and for me to be told my script was missing.
The Exam was a French course and I have a huge knack for languages and I was definitely sure I was to get nothing less than 80%, but my script went missing. I had to write this Exam again, and I was forced to acknowledge God, but I wish I had done than sooner, I wouldn’t have to re-write the exam..

You can simply see why it is indeed a good thing to stay humble and most importantly acknowledge God. I have learnt a lot of hard lessons, bitter lessons on Humility. This is one of the reason I have adopted a solemn demeanour. Although let’s face the fact, when you achieve a great milestone, it is easier for you to think highly of yourself and look down on your contemporaries and say “ oh yes I have arrived”.. please strongly resist the Temptation.

Strongly Resist it, because
"God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”

#Shalom
Copyright SiyanSpires 2017
15/12/2017


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOUR ROD AND STAFF

YOU MY BOY ARE A GIFT FROM GOD

LAMP UNTO MY FEET, LIGHT TO MY PATH!